What does the role of HIPAA cloud communications have in digital transformation and how can healthcare offices leverage this technology to increase practice efficiency and drive further business value?
Healthcare professionals have all heard the phrase “digital transformation”. It has become one of the most relevant buzzwords in IT healthcare over the past year. Nemertes Research defines digital transformation as the “innovative application of technology that improves or creates a process, product, or experience that ultimately drives business value – quickly.”
What does this wordy definition actually mean? And how can healthcare professionals embrace it and succeed with it?
At a basic level, think of digital transformation like a dependent relationship between technology and value. Each one depends on the other to drive innovation further. Without technology, improvement doesn’t happen, resulting in little to no value. Likewise, if a new technology fails to bolster value in something, like a process or experience, that technology has deemed a failure.
At a secondary level digital transformation requires speed. A project that doesn’t show measurable results in nine months or year isn’t worth implementing because the underlying technologies and business drivers are likely to change during this time span.
Given this secondary attribute, the need for speed to be successful, there is no question when it comes to the advantages of cloud services, specifically cloud base communications, as a critical component of change in healthcare.
Nemertes’ 2017-2018 Digital Transformation Benchmark was a global study gathering data from over 700 end-user organizations. At the end of the study, research showed that those with more successful digital transformation projects were nearly four times more likely to use cloud communications services. On top of this, participants identified HIPAA cloud communications platforms as one of the most vital technologies to achieve success. There is a clear correlation between digital transformation success and the use of cloud base communications.
So what can medical practices take away from this research and what would an ideal cloud communications platform offer for healthcare?
- A modern way to communicate with smartphones and updated desk phones. This integration will enable better business practices, patient communication, and collaboration to increase job efficiency.
- An easy-to-deploy system that is user-friendly and easy for doctors and staff to use and understand
- HIPAA compliance, encryption, scalability, and reliability when and wherever the practice operates
- Use of technologies that enable easy transfer between web browsers, smartphones, and tablets
- Virtualized components that decrease the need for on-premises hardware which will increase costs and decrease the ability to scale your business
- Pure cloud capabilities that stay away from contracts and eliminate extra costs
Healthcare providers should recognize that successful digital transformation requires modern communication capabilities. There is a myriad of services out there, but only RingRx can offer all 6 of the above services plus a full suite of more features and benefits. We are here to help medical and healthcare practices improve efficiency with a technologically superior communication system. Click here to start your 30-day free trial today.